Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Beginnings

      So a new year has started and most of us see this as a clean slate, a chance to start fresh in hopes that the future holds better than the past. I am also looking forward to erasing last year, hoping the new one will be better. It was a very rough year for me and my family as well as many people I know, and unfortunately I can not yet see a light at the end of the tunnel....and if I did it would be a train. That is not going to stop me from trying of course. We only have three choices in this world; keep fighting, give up or blame others. This last one of course seems to the most popular.
      It seems to me that the idea that everything is someone elses  fault is a little juvenile. I had an incredibly difficult childhood but I am not a drug addict, a criminal, or a blight on society, at a certain point you grow up and are able to discern right from wrong despite how or where you were raised. If you do bad things it's because you chose to. It's not because you were abused or you were raised in a bad neighborhood, or the man is holding you down. Take responsibility for your own choices.
      Life in general is hard, you will get knocked on your ass several times, by psychotic exes, by horrible bosses and rotten co-workers, by bad luck, bad timing and bad people but you can't let them be the reason you quit, In fact you should never quit fighting. There are others out there like you, other kindred spirits, other decent people fighting to be happy and keep their own standards of behavior high. Those out there who are societal vampires and feed on the misery of others are never going to disappear, the only thing we can do about it is not become one.
      So here's to hoping 2011 is a better year for us all. Here's to those of you who keep fighting, and here's to you.
      
      

1 COMMENTS:

amen ... and umm happy new year.. in February... and stuff

Post a Comment