Friday, March 4, 2011

I'm not crazy I'm colorful.

      It's been complicated couple days, in fact yesterday when I was supposed to be writing this blog my neurosis got the best of me. I was bound and determined that I was going to improve the look and functionality of this site no matter what. Well..."WHAT" happened and it was named Murphy's Law. I ended up screwing the whole thing up and having to rebuild it in a way I didn't necessarily want. Nothing new for me and my OCD and neurotic behaviors, they are always giving me and everyone around me headaches. Once again; thanks Mom.
      I have gotten a little better, it used to be that I even had to be careful when just buying a book or CD. Once I had one title by an author or a band I was "forced" to buy every single thing they put out whether I really wanted it or not, and that's the ONLY explanation for my Roxette collection, so let us never speak of it again. 
      For those who know me, NO! this has nothing to do with my fear of clowns, and don't laugh. those bastards are evil. Killer Klowns from Outerspace, Pennywise, The Joker, come on when have you ever seen a clown that didn't want to kill you and make balloon animals out of your lower intestine? What it does do though, is make me obsessed with whatever is on my mind. Whatever it is that gets stuck in there, I have to do everything involved with it, until I get it perfect or I've completed it, and I am ridiculously impatient about it. It HAS to be right now! So you can see how much of a joy I am for my wife.
      My impatience is Legen....wait for it....dary. I am literally the guy who gets mad because the microwave takes to long, therefore I always shave some time off what the directions say...hey I ain't waiting two damn minutes for a hot pocket I have other things to obsess over. My kids have learned when I say NOW!, that I mean it in the most literal sense, well, they learned it but it doesn't mean they care.
      The issue with obsessively needing to getting things right is part of why I'm not where I want to be as a writer. Once I write something I will edit it so many times that I forget what the point of the story was and have to start from scratch. I once worked on an opening line for 6 months and got it absolutely perfect only to realize I had no idea what I was writing about anymore. That's part of the reason I started this blog, it's therapy. I force myself to write it in one long stream of consciousness without allowing my self to edit, and so far it's helping, so any mistakes you see on these posts are not errors they are therapy. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
      It's not all bad though, even for my wife. Since I am bound and determined to get something perfect she reaps the benefit sometimes. Get your mind out of the gutters...but yeah that too. My OCD has actually made me a pretty damn good cook when I can control the need to cook everything with a flamethrower so it's done quicker. I used to be obsessive about cleaning and germs as well but my kids broke me of that. I don't care how clean obsessed you are, two boys who see Oscar the Grouch and Pigpen as "misunderstood" are bound to change your thinking on the subject.
      So yesterdays 12 hour debacle of "improving" Sarcastic Dad is why your getting this to read. I hope insight into my diseased mind is entertaining enough for the moment, it seems to fascinate my doctor at least.

      But since this is short I want to take this opportunity to thank those reading and especially those sending comments Please all of you feel free to send me your thoughts by commenting, I love it.
      I also encourage you to join the Facebook fanpage and feel free to leave your own thought and funnies there. It is open for all of you who are members and all you have to do is click "like". I'd love to make it very interactive for all of you. Its a good way to meet new friends.
       Any tweeters please add me, with the link or by adding Sarcastic_Dad to your Twitter list. There are also links to share on Twitter, Facebook, StumbleUpon, Digg and other sites below the posts, I'd love it if you do use any of these to go ahead and click away.
      I also Highly encourage you to "Follow" me through the blog itself, its especially easy if you have a Google account, though I have a good number of readers (Thank you so much for that) my follows need you :)
      And lastly I have been nominated again for "Best Humor Blog" and "Hottest Daddy Blog"  (yeah that's me a hot Daddy :) ) if you feel so moved you can vote by clicking on the badges indicating the nominations. It does require registering.
      I have had a couple "inquiries" about the possibility of a humor book based on the site and could use all the forward momentum I can get, so please pass this site along to anyone who might enjoy it.
Thanks you and much love.
    

1 COMMENTS:

I love commenting as much as you love receiving comments! I have OCD, but maybe not as bad as you. I'll edit way more than I actually write (and I count rewriting as editing). But I do finish things once in a while....not my novel though. I agree, this can be great therapy to just post things without having them be perfect. The best therapy for OCD is often doing the opposite of what you're obssesed about. Though I don't recommend that anyone actually leave the gas oven on before they go to work.

I liked your title "I'm not crazy I'm colorful." I've been thinking the same thing recently, but that I'm animated. Okay, I scream at the TV when my favorite teams are playing, but that's not so bad compared to what other people do.

Post a Comment